The purpose of the Parvuli Dei (means Children of God) emblem is to help young boys explore a wide range of activities in order to discover the presence of God in their daily lives as members of their families and parishes, and also to develop a good, positive self-image through the contributions they can make to the group or community.
- To help the Scout of his age develop an awareness of God’s love for each one of His special, unique created beings.
- To help the Scout become aware and understand his identity as an important member of his family, his community, and as a member of the Family of God.
- To continue to develop an awareness as members of the parish and the Body of Christ.
- To aid the Scout in his awareness of the responsibilities that grow out of God’s love for us.
- Registered 8 to 10 year old (Bear or Webelos) of Catholic Faith.
- Each Cub have his own Activity Book.
- The book is designed for the Cub and his parent or guardian to work together.
- The Cub will be required to make a banner as part of the requirements.
- Diocesan and BSA Youth Protection policies must be followed.
- Emblem Books may be obtained most economically and quickly from your local BSA Council Service Center Scout Shops. Alternatively, they can be obtained directly from BSA Supply at http://www.scoutstuff.org or through most Diocesan scout committees.
- Although the book could be completed in four to six hours, the goal of earning a religious emblem is to help the Cub develop a personal relationship with Jesus, so it is suggested that steps be spread over several weeks. This will help the Cub understand that this is a long-term commitment, not a one-time project.
- Actively work on the activities with his parents or guardians.
- Keep the Religious Emblems Coordinator informed of his progress.
- Actively work on the activities with their son. He may need your help with Bible readings and getting information.
- Keep the Religious Emblems Coordinator informed of the Cub’s progress.
- Parent Guide Resource
Ordering and Presentation of Religious Emblems
- When the Cub completes all steps, he is to present the book to his parish priest or the priest’s representative and the book is reviewed with the Cub.
- After the pastor or his representative signs the book, the application form, form only, is sent to the Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministry for final approval.
- The Emblem Order Form should be included with the application form. This will expedite reception of the emblem which will be sent to your pastor for presentation.